Monday, June 26, 2006

My Best Bluff.

A couple of Sundays ago I venture over to the big daddy of them all, Borgata.
I have played here a couple of times, but am not well known at all like the Trop, Caesars etc.

I buy in for 200$ at 1/2 table, look around and realize everyone at the table is a pretty decent player. How the hell am I going to make money here? So I decide to try something different.

It is innate to my style to always tell people I am a fish. Tell them it's my first time, of course they never believe me. But this day I set out to make them believe I was a fish.

I started out by purposely missing my blinds each time until the dealer told me and staring dumbly at him. I through in a five on occassion and said I meant to bet 5, only to have the dealer tell me it was a string bet. I talked with the guy next to me about blackjack and how I had won this money on the tables and thought I would give poker a shot.

I raised all my suited connectors / pocket pairs to $4, and told them I had a good hand. They all assumed aces or better, becauseo on occassion I would show aces or kings etc, after raising to $4. I bitched how an Ace hit when someone had QQ and how I would have gotten lucky. AND THEN.........

I'm in the small blind, I look down and see 45o, I make it $12 to go which I have never done, and always bitched about someone raising to a "lot" of money. Everyone folds, to a super tight guy, he reraises to me $25.00. Great, my first bluff I'm up against aces. I call the $13 hoping I out flop him, but deciding I can out play him.

The flop comes down 249
I fire out 50 without hesitation.
He calls
The turn is a 8
I check he checks behind me.
The river is my miracle card, the hand he is putting me on, the magical King of Hearts
I look at the board, my hand starts shaking, and FIRE OUT $75.00.
He looks me dead in the eye, and says I KNOW YOU HAVE A SET OF KINGS and
folds aces face up.
I then turn over my 45o and say nice fold sir, Lets play some poker boys.

I did very well on the table, and everyone called me down to pay me off.

As I left, I said Blue has come to the Borgata.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home