Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Monday Night $2/5

So I get a promotion at work to CIO and decide to celebrate with some NL HE on Monday night. I arrive around 8PM, and the game isn't started yet. After chowing down on some chicken strips and hot sauce, we finally get enough players to start playing. We have 6 and I'm sitting in the 10th seat. I buy in for $500 while everyone else buys in for 200-300 and grind along to about $650.00.
I'm in mid position and get AKs raise to 30 preflop (which seems to be the raise to get one caller). The owner of the game calls me. Flop comes down A23 rainbow. I bet 50 he calls, the turn is a 7, I bet 75 he calls. The river is a 7 and I figure my two pair is good and bet $100.00, he calls and flips over 45s. I rethink this hand for most of the night.

I never quite make a comeback and cash out 120.00 at midnight.

There was only one loose passive player at the table, and some decent players, not a good game, shame on me for sticking around to lose my other 300.00.

I woke up this morning and decided there are a number of ways I could have played this hand out of position.

AK vs 45
30 PF raise
If I attempt to check raise the flop and he raises I fold losing 130$ max
If I attempt to check raise the flop and he checks I bet the turn 50 and fold to a raise I lose 80
If I attempt to check raise the flop and he checks I bet the turn he calls I only call up to 75 on the river, or bet 75 and fold to raise I lose 205

All of these are less than the 255 I lost and had no idea where I was.

Note to self find out where you are when you are out of position.

Of course I could have just called my AK preflop and got away on the turn.

So $380.00 lesson isn't bad, I'm going to play Os Nest tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home