Thursday, June 15, 2006

Tens, Tens and more Tens

This is a collective entry about my trip to AC and a little about the Wednesday night game I went to last night.

I decide to go to AC for the weekend, but decide against going late Friday night or even early Friday, as I work the entire day and the drive is crazy. So I get up early on Saturday morning (6AM) and head to AC. I make it there in 3 hours.

I valet at Caesars and everyone greets me as I walk in. 1/2 is open, I sit down and buy in at the table for $200. The table is very fairly tight, and I decide to not play loose but just lay low and wait for a hand. I get AJs on the button and raise it 8x get 3 callers and decide the table is no longer tight. The flop comes down J55. I announce "No one respects my raise." then bet out $35.00 immediate raise to 70, SHIT, he's a tight player. He begs me to call and says he'll check it down, wtf it's only 35, he has 54, I lose.

Buy back in to make my stack $250.00 now having put $350 into the table. Some fat chick sits down and starts telling the table how to play poker, I'm like, I'm going to own her. After 20 hands or so she tells the table I am tight and will not call over $10 which I quickly agree with. I get pocket 10s on the button. UTG She raises to 20 I smooth call and Min (a supposed friend of mine) calls from the big blind. The flop comes down T65, bingo. She announces she is going to bet 20 because I can't call over 10$. I just call but to my dismay so does Min. The turn is an 8, and Min bets out $50. I have to find out whether he has a straight, but Min is a tricky player, he might have 79 or 65 or A high you never know. I make it 150 getting heads up with min. The river is an ace and he pushes all in. I think about it for a second and decide if he has 79 I'm going to pay him off, and he did, so I did.

Down 350, I walk to the Trop. Immediately buy into a 1/2 table with $200.00, play pretty solid for about 30 hands or so, building up 100 or so, when along comes (you guessed it!) TT. I raise in mid call from the button and two other callers and naturally the flop comes T76. I am quite aware that 89 is the nuts, and I begin to think I am trapped in some nightmare. It gets checked to me I bet half the pot, button calls, one other caller. The turn is a 6, YAHTZEE. I check button bets 50$ I smooth call, other guy folds. The river is a 6, what a sweet card, T or a 7 has a boat. I check, button bets 50 I make it 100 he makes it 150, FUCK, one card beats me, and I will pay that off, he flips over 68, I puke.

Down 600 of my $1000.00 I continue to play solid poker and double up in the next two hands, and proceed to cash out of AC with 1500 up in the next few days.

But, not before I see TT again in a tournament at Hilton. This time they hold up when I flop a set against aces and queens.

I honestly thought tens were done with me but then... I get this bright idea to go play at Trav and Nelly's. Buy in for 200. Play 4 handed for a while and the game heats up. I'm hungry so I leave UTG to get some speghetti and call blind, Nelly looks at my hand and says good call. Of course my blind call is TT.

Flop is 9 high I overbet the pot, Anne calls with both a straight and a 3 to flush on board. The turn completes the straight. My TT is dead, I make one last bet and can't fire on the river losing again with TT.

Surely this is the end of my tens stories. Hell no. As sure as E lost his bankroll twice to the worst hand I lost mine to the best.

I get TT UTG with a live straddle in play, I limp, tight player in mid makes it 14 to go, call, call, I make it 62, tight player calls, hm must have QQ or JJ not AK, well at least now I know. T95 all diamonds on flop. I'm all in. He calls with the QQ and a diamond. Runner runner straight. Cash me out at $260.00 after 10 or so more hands, I'll go home down 140.


So you might think he'll fold TT everytime. Hell no I got these ppl in the pot when I wanted them to be there. I will play TT until the day I die and be buried with TT in my hand next to K5 on my chest.

I am Blue, not sad. So fuck off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home